ISCB is organised and shall be operated for educational and scientific purposes with the following aims:
- to stimulate research on the biostatistical principles and methodology used in clinical research;
- to increase the relevance of statistical theory to clinical medicine;
- to promote high and harmonized standards of statistical practice;
- to work with other societies and organisations in the advancement of biostatistics;
- to promote better understanding of the use and interpretation of biostatistics by the general public, and by national and international organizations and agencies within the public and commercial sectors with an interest in, and/or responsibilities for, public health; and
- to provide a common forum for clinicians and statisticians through meetings, seminars and publications.
(Last edited: 2015-02-22)